- Collect the materials to undertake the assembly and/or maintenance of microcomputer systems and data transmission networks.
- Carry out auxiliary assembly operations of microcomputer systems and auxiliary devices under quality conditions.
- Carry out auxiliary maintenance and repair operations of microcomputer systems, guaranteeing their operation.
- Perform operations for the storage and transport of systems, peripherals and consumables, following security and cataloguing criteria.
- Perform routine verification checks on the assembly and maintenance of systems and/or installations.
- Install ducts for data cabling in quality and safety conditions.
- Lay the cabling of data networks using standard techniques and procedures.
- Manage the user environment tools provided by the operating system and storage devices.
- Manage word processing office applications to make simple documents.
- To carry out the tasks of their responsibility both individually and as a team, with autonomy and initiative, adapting to the situations produced by technological or organisational changes.
- Acquire habits of responsibility and autonomy based on the practice of values, favouring interpersonal and professional relationships, working as a team and generating a favourable environment for coexistence that allows for integration in the different spheres of society.
- To value the different artistic and cultural manifestations in an informed manner, using them as a source of personal and social enrichment and developing aesthetic and sensitive attitudes towards cultural diversity and artistic heritage.
- Communicate in different work or social situations using linguistic resources with precision and clarity, taking into account the context and using basic oral and written forms of both the language itself and a foreign language.
- Solve predictable problems related to their social and productive environment using the elements provided by the applied and social sciences and respecting the diversity of opinions as a source of enrichment in decision making.
- To actively and responsibly exercise the rights and duties deriving both from their professional activity and from their status as citizens.
The modules of this training cycle are:
- Assembly and maintenance of computer systems and components.
- Auxiliary operations for configuration and operation.
- Electrical and electronic equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of data transmission networks.
- Applied sciences I.
- Applied sciences II.
- Communication and society I.
- Communication and society II.
- Training in workplaces
Access to the Basic Vocational Training courses will require the simultaneous fulfilment of the following conditions:
- Be at least 15 years of age or over in the current calendar year and not more than 17 years of age at the time of access or in the current calendar year
- To have completed the first cycle of Compulsory Secondary Education or, exceptionally, to have completed the second course of Compulsory Secondary Education.
- To have proposed the teaching team to the parents or legal guardians the incorporation of the student to a cycle of Basic Vocational Training.
To work as an employee in companies dedicated to the marketing, assembly, maintenance and repair of microcomputer systems, electrical or electronic equipment and in companies that use computer systems, for their management.